Holidays for Caregivers with Loved ones with Alizheimers

Written by on November 21, 2018

Betsy and Matt

Betsy Wurzel talks about handling the Holidays for loved one’s with Alzheimer’s.  Betsy has talked about this subject before but felt necessary to talk about it again. The holiday’s may not be like you have celebrated in the past. Your family may now have to adjust to the celebration of the holidays  for your loved ones. The large family gatherings maybe too confusing for your loved one. Your loved one may not know that it is Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Years or any Holiday you are celebrating. You may have to change the holiday celebration to make it less confusing for your loved ones.

Betsy talks about how she is not able to light the Menorah Candles at Hanukkah. One reason the fear that Matt may try to touch the candles. So some of her friends will light the Menorah for her. There are so many things you may have to be aware of to keep your loved ones safe at the holidays.

Confusion, strange people in the house, noise and the disruption of the daily routine. Betsy gives much more information in her audio, You will still have some form of celebration and just probably will not be able to have the celebration your family use to have.

I always recommend that you contact Betsy via Facebook. You can talk with her about the holidays or anything else you may want to talk about, concerning being a caregiver for a loved one with Alziheimer’s.

If you just want to ask me a question or just say Hi that would be great.

Until the next time

Make it a Brilliant day
Jeanne White
Station Manager/Host
Passionate World Talk Radio
Email: Theconnectshow@gmail.com

Reader's opinions
  1. gwen williams   On   November 24, 2018 at 7:27 pm

normal day , there comes a day they will not even notice the xmas light.
    I spent my last 8 yrs feeding my husband with liquidised xmas dinner whivh looked revolting, My dinner was souo in fkask just as tasty.this year will be on my own as he passed away last xmas, another fkask soup, Jesus will be sharing my table that day

• pwtalkradio   On   November 25, 2018 at 3:10 pm

Hi Gwen

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Being a caregiver is a long and hard to do. I would suggest that you contact Betsey E. Wurzel on Facebook. The women that have been interviewed can really be of some help with after the loved one passes.
      Thank you for taking the time to send your comments. Very much appreciated.

I hope life will get a little better for you.
      Jeanne White
      Station Manager/Host
      Passionateworldtalkradio.com
      JWhite7033@comcast.net

• Betsy E Wurzel   On   January 2, 2019 at 12:46 am

Hi Gwen! I’m so very sorry about your husband. Hugs & love.
      I ‘d like to recommend counseling.
      You can also help others by sharing your experiences.
      Thank you for listening & commenting!

2. oprolevorter   On   April 11, 2019 at 5:20 am

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this web site. I am hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a great example of it.

• pwtalkradio   On   April 19, 2019 at 6:33 am

Hi Susie

Thank you for your comments on Betsy Wurzel’s Blog and audio on the Holidays for Caregivers. If you know anyone that this blog would help, please share. If you want any more information on this series we are doing, please let us know.

Jeanne White
      Station Manager
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• pwtalkradio   On   April 19, 2019 at 6:30 am

Thank you for the comments on Betsy Wurzel’s audio and blog on the Holidays. If you know anyone that this blog would, please let us know and we will send the blog to them.
      If you would like to promote your blog on PWTR, please contact us.

Jeanne White
      Station Manager
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• pwtalkradio   On   April 19, 2019 at 6:40 am

Thank you for your comments. This series we are doing on Caregivers and Alzheimer is so important for these individuals. Always need to bring awareness for the long journey these caregivers have. Also for all caregivers that provide daily help for their loved ones.

Jeanne White
      Station Manager
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• pwtalkradio   On   April 19, 2019 at 6:25 am

Hi Loren

Thank you for your reply on Betsy Wurzel’s audio on the Holidays. If you know anyone that this may help, please let us know.

Jeanne White
      Station Manager
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• pwtalkradio   On   April 20, 2019 at 9:43 am

Hi Natasha

Thank you for your comments on Betsy Wurzel’s Interview on the Holidays. If you know anyone that these interviews can help, please share. You just never know who will be helped with these interviews.
      Very much appreciate you contacting us.
      Jeanne White
      Station Manager/Host
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• pwtalkradio   On   April 24, 2019 at 8:07 am

Hi Edmund

Great to hear that your holidays are working well for you. If you have any tips that you have for the holidays, please let us know.
      Jeanne White
      Station Manager/Host
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• pwtalkradio   On   May 1, 2019 at 6:14 am

Hi Erick

Great to hear that your holidays work well. Perhaps you could share some tips on how you handle the holidays. It would be great to share this information with other caregivers.
      Very much appreciate your your comments.

Jeanne White
      Station Manager/Host
      Passionate World Talk Radio

• Betsy Sloan   On   May 16, 2019 at 9:42 am

LeAnne,
      Thank you do much for your comment & listening
      Please share .
      Betsy Wurzel
      Creator & Founder of # Kickalzheimersassmovement.

3. http://bit.ly/2WPKPPx   On   June 9, 2019 at 5:22 am

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your blog.
    Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems?
    A handful of my blog readers have complained about my website not
    working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
    Do you have any recommendations to help fix this issue?

4. seksiseuraa   On   June 13, 2019 at 10:43 am

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much
    more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out
    a designer to create your theme? Outstanding work!

• Betsy Sloan   On   June 14, 2019 at 9:40 am

Hi Monserrate,
      Thsnk you very much for listening & your comment.
      There are many different Caregivers sharing their experiences.
      Please share.
      Sincerely ,
      Betsy E.Wurzel
      Creator & Founderof #KickAlzheimersAssMovement.

5. eebest8 fiverr   On   June 26, 2019 at 8:19 pm

“My developer is trying to convince me to move to.net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!”